The Emotiva ERC-4 Differential Reference™ CD Player and Digital Transport combines a high-quality digital CD transport and a superb balanced DAC (digital-to-analog converter) in one convenient and attractive package. In addition to serving as an audiophile CD player and transport, the ERC-4 offers both Coaxial and Optical (Toslink) S/PDIF digital audio inputs, so you can also use it as a DAC with any of your other digital audio sources that includes a coaxial or optical output.
The ERC-4 is a great way to get the best sound quality possible from your CDs, and from the Red Book CD layer of hybrid SACDs. The heavy-duty transport mechanism handles your discs gently but firmly, and the precision DAC in the ERC-4 ensures that you hear every detail and nuance of the music recorded on your discs. And, if you have a computer or other digital audio source with a coax or optical digital audio output, the digital inputs on the ERC-4 will enable you to upgrade it to deliver the same superb audiophile sound quality.
A Dedicated Audiophile CD Player
While many modern audiophiles have embraced the world of streaming audio and digital audio files, we think that CDs still have an important place at the forefront of high quality digital music sources. Many of us have large collections of CDs which we continue to enjoy – and CDs continue to be produced and sold to dedicated listeners. Unfortunately, as streaming audio and digital downloads become more popular, it’s becoming more difficult to find a true audiophile quality CD player, and most of the few that remain are far from affordable.
Here at Emotiva, we’re convinced that there is still a place for a true audiophile quality CD player in a high-end music system, which is why we’re proud to introduce the latest addition to our X-Series of affordable audiophile components: the ERC-4 Differential Reference™ CD Player and Digital Transport.
Quality Construction Meets Advanced Engineering
On the outside, a solid-aluminum face plate and faceted black trim contribute to the modern design aesthetic of the ERC-4. On the inside, a heavy reinforced steel chassis delivers rugged reliability and prevents external influences from interfering with your listening experience, and the precision tray-loading disc mechanism handles your discs gently but firmly. Our cutting edge switch mode power supply provides clean electrical power, with vanishingly low levels of audible noise, and powers the precision digital-to-analog conversion section and high-performance ultra-low-distortion analog circuitry. And, to top it all off, front panel buttons allow direct control of all of the ERC-4’s commonly accessed features, while our all-metal infrared remote control puts command of the ERC-4 at your fingertips from across the room.
Audiophile Grade Electronics
While some modern CD players seem to treat the audio circuitry almost as an afterthought, superb sound quality was a top priority when we designed the ERC-4. Our cutting edge switch mode power supply ensures a silent noise floor and makes audible hum a thing of the past, the high-performance Analog Devices AD1955 DACs we chose deliver both excellent technical specifications and great sound quality, and the low noise ultra-low distortion LM4562 op-amps in the I/V converter section deliver unsurpassed linearity and noise performance. The ERC-4 includes both balanced and unbalanced analog outputs to enable it to deliver optimum audio quality with a wide variety of analog audio equipment, as well as a variety of digital outputs so you can use it as a high-quality digital audio transport with a separate DAC.
Features For The Digital Age
While some audiophiles may limit their digital listening to CDs, many now embrace other digital audio sources, such as computer-based digital audio players and dedicated audio streamers. It would be a shame to have a great CD player, with a superb DAC, but only be able to use it to play CDs. Therefore, we’ve included both coaxial and optical digital audio inputs on our new ERC-4, both of which accept stereo PCM digital audio signals up to 24/192k. Digital audio inputs are played through the same high performance DACs and audiophile grade analog circuitry as CDs – enabling you to get the same incredible sound quality from your high quality digital downloads and other digital audio sources.
A CD Player, Transport, And DAC – All In One
- The ERC-4 is a dedicated audio CD player. It plays standard Red Book audio CDs, the Red Book layer of Hybrid SACDs, and MP3 digital audio files from both CD-R and DVD-R media.
- The main analog outputs on the ERC-4 deliver both balanced and unbalanced audio signals – for compatibility with the widest variety of high quality audio systems.
- The ERC-4 provides a full assortment of digital output formats, including optical S/PDIF (Toslink), coax S/PDIF, and AES/EBU.
- The DAC section on the ERC-4 offers separate coax S/PDIF and optical S/PDIF (Toslink) digital inputs, both of which support stereo PCM digital audio up to 24/192k.
Cutting Edge Audio Performance
- Our specially optimized switch mode power supply ensures a silent noise floor and eliminates all audible hum.
- Analog Devices AD1955 High-Performance Multi-Bit Delta-Sigma DAC chip delivers excellent technical specifications and superb sound quality.
- LM4562 high-performance op-amps are used in the critical I/V converter section for near-perfect linearity and exceptionally low noise and distortion.
Quality Construction Delivers Great Performance And Long Term Reliability
- Solid machined aluminum face plate and all-metal cabinet.
- Reinforced steel chassis for rugged reliability and isolation from vibration.
- Additional internal shielding and mass loading minimize noise interference and provide further isolation from external vibrations.
- High-reliability motorized tray loading mechanism handles discs consistently and reliably.
Impressive Usability Features
- High visibility blue graphical OLED display.
- Full front panel transport controls with blue halo illumination.
- Full function solid machined aluminum remote control (AAA batteries required).
Delivery is made by common carrier next working day. Delivery is FREE for orders in-stock and over £100 or £9.99 for orders less than £100 or special delivery items.
Statutory Cancellation Right
You have the statutory right to cancel your order for any reason within 14 days beginning with the day you receive the item (please see clause 2 of our Conditions of Sale for the full instructions on cancellation and further information on your right of cancellation). We only accept cancellations via phone - 0115 975 8613, email - email@example.com or post - Superfi Returns, DB House, Rani Drive, Nottingham, NG5 1RF, United Kingdom.
Our Voluntary Returns Policy
As well as your statutory cancellation rights described above, you can return most products within 30 days of receipt of the products if the products are complete and are in an unused and undamaged condition. We only accept returns via phone - 0115 975 8613 or post - Superfi Returns, DB House, Rani Drive, Nottingham, NG5 1RF, United Kingdom.
Please note that this returns policy doesn't affect your statutory rights and therefore doesn't affect your right of cancellation as described above.
Please note that you must return each item in the same condition in which you received it. This means that new items must be returned new, unused and complete (including all accessories). Refunds for returned items that are not received in this condition, may be reduced.